Basement floor unlevel= overflow weir unlevel. Help James Cameron. Or anyone

peterlvll16

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew the basement floor was unlevel, it with my custom coast coast overflow *48 inch. i still am only getting 3/4 of the length letting water in. I believe the right side lowered 1/8 at the most would solve the problem.

Unfortunately this is a custom design I did, and the overflow does not have a back. It is siliconed to the back of the tank.

If your answered is to put a back on the overflow, involving taking it off removing all silicone and trying again thank you but I was hoping to make a weir inset that would raise itself on the high side , limit flow and lower left. A 48 inch. ballast I could make with a acrylic sheet I have I guess. Any hydrology experience out there or any experience with similar situation

I appreciate all the professional advice I can get. I have a 15 month year old -- hence d.i.y. save $$.

Images Show left water level & Right water level.
Picture of overflow. As you can see if not cap similar to a synergy overflow. I think creating one buoyant is possible.

Thank you

20200311_054128.jpg 20200311_054151.jpg 20200311_054203.jpg 20200311_054236.jpg 20200311_054156.jpg
 
If lowering the right side would solve the problem, then raising the left side should do the same thing. I would shim the left side of the stand/tank up as much as needed to level the aquarium.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top