Battery Backup Wire Rusted Out of Box?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Variant
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Variant

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
581
Reaction score
599
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Vortech battery backup and recently installed it in the last 24 hours and unplugged it to test whether it was working or not.

Turns out one of the two wires that connects the Vortech ES driver to the battery had rusted where it appears to have a fuse. Picture below. First of all, can someone from customer service please get back to me on getting a free replacement and secondly, how could this have happened / passed Quality Checks?

sPqDhlws2beC_lFpJ2HDL_hhJs-9xIcC54oAR5eR29pwUMvlBz69m8xvxeprf1sHyXvKRuL1XpzgoYwP973xzCEm-eJM6cPlmTRUm3QB7cGV5WmuoJEU9Dvpt9RYNnmRi_655jW9bg5C1qVhaxfhW80cSpxQHA3m5MbXM7F5UXzICyL0RBEezOEcvogPdiyRxwhA6blIBSng6fXn0Sl1JZC89M6uruCKxfr3YKCojAlbAbXY7h20B1DhY9rLMQsPG5DdcUlGSVuByQJnbHEQFBfBn0wY5OdVCXQ24ZCRqCvOtJke28BYKQcrsWzHuJ7OqHvsEUzlXjnhAoBTkd6mz9TRIluezX0KOgIBVNiR08vi6MTrQf4BZslno_FlFkokSRg6MzpuFSp68usqcywokJBBkPK27rjdksgl2tahW-7e128XVkTLUNKM2KcD5hJJpGXqfPs2NKjDTjvmhOurJpBNYH6GLMhxWMgXE-pZkynXeHVCAbfXgE0N7_pCHieZdRWPHlXObOi1mXWyPsAJolVlAu6eGhUpYoz7cPtnCUtmT0XWA6UlLRrnHTC6dPyVJ0yjImBKRQNpT8ztl7ZY27veOZi1ZcQKUHsbVcnfZTQJvYPqWByrMiN01oVSaf4pUESX104jpgDUzrFIn7ilNw8oYr5sRlb0dw5aOXyJQngkZMYifmJ4vMquqPX-VIdio6KuDBxKoHylCy5wCG-E-7pH=w1104-h829-no
 
I purchased a Vortech battery backup and recently installed it in the last 24 hours and unplugged it to test whether it was working or not.

Turns out one of the two wires that connects the Vortech ES driver to the battery had rusted where it appears to have a fuse. Picture below. First of all, can someone from customer service please get back to me on getting a free replacement and secondly, how could this have happened / passed Quality Checks?

sPqDhlws2beC_lFpJ2HDL_hhJs-9xIcC54oAR5eR29pwUMvlBz69m8xvxeprf1sHyXvKRuL1XpzgoYwP973xzCEm-eJM6cPlmTRUm3QB7cGV5WmuoJEU9Dvpt9RYNnmRi_655jW9bg5C1qVhaxfhW80cSpxQHA3m5MbXM7F5UXzICyL0RBEezOEcvogPdiyRxwhA6blIBSng6fXn0Sl1JZC89M6uruCKxfr3YKCojAlbAbXY7h20B1DhY9rLMQsPG5DdcUlGSVuByQJnbHEQFBfBn0wY5OdVCXQ24ZCRqCvOtJke28BYKQcrsWzHuJ7OqHvsEUzlXjnhAoBTkd6mz9TRIluezX0KOgIBVNiR08vi6MTrQf4BZslno_FlFkokSRg6MzpuFSp68usqcywokJBBkPK27rjdksgl2tahW-7e128XVkTLUNKM2KcD5hJJpGXqfPs2NKjDTjvmhOurJpBNYH6GLMhxWMgXE-pZkynXeHVCAbfXgE0N7_pCHieZdRWPHlXObOi1mXWyPsAJolVlAu6eGhUpYoz7cPtnCUtmT0XWA6UlLRrnHTC6dPyVJ0yjImBKRQNpT8ztl7ZY27veOZi1ZcQKUHsbVcnfZTQJvYPqWByrMiN01oVSaf4pUESX104jpgDUzrFIn7ilNw8oYr5sRlb0dw5aOXyJQngkZMYifmJ4vMquqPX-VIdio6KuDBxKoHylCy5wCG-E-7pH=w1104-h829-no

You should probably submit a ticket with customer service, rather than a forum. They dont have any details besides your username.
 
You should probably submit a ticket with customer service, rather than a forum. They dont have any details besides your username.

Yep, I did. I also posted a ticket 1 month+ ago about a problematic wet side without any response so trying to work as many angles as possible to get some support up in here :)
 
Call them. Ecotech customer support is way better over the phone in my experience. If you are uncomfortable on the phone use the live chat option on their website.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top