bbandu's 60g cube garage tank upgrade

bbandu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
313
Reaction score
3
Location
Poway, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK right now I have a 25g cube right now in the garage, I found out real quick that there just wasn't enough room in the 25g cube for me so I am upgrading to a 60g cube. I got a new 60g cube but it would not fit on my current stand so I had to build a new one. So here is the new stand. Hope to have this set up by the end of the week.
 
Ok so here is a pic of the tank and stand. I used red oak on the skin, think that I am going to leave it unfinished right now. I will probably put doors on the stand but that will be down the road a bit, not really worried since this tank is in the garage.
 
Well after alot of thinking and a bunch of different people tell me to go with an internal overflow I have decided to go that route.
I decided to do everything myself
Tank with holes drilled and overflow taped out

Bought the stuff for my overflow and started cutting

Overflow installed and hole for return drilled

20g sump with new Bubble Magus curve 5 skimmer

Water testing new overflow
 
The water test went great and I added the sand and filled with water

After a day or two it cleared up nicely
 
Here are some updated pics of the new 60g cube
full tank shot

Aquascape

and now some closeups




 
Ok so I decided that I wasnt really happy with the aquascape, it didn't have enough height to it so I change it.
I also added a Sailfin tang
 
Changed the led out on the cube today went from an old chinabox 120w led to a AI Vega color.​
 
Ok so added some new equipment to the cube, 2 MP10's are now controlling the flow. I will also be adding a ATO
to the tank around the middle of next week. I will be running an ATO from topoff and a 10g reservoir.
 
Got my new ATO reservior and will be adding it to the tank this coming weekend, it is a 10g reservior.
 
Ok so life has gotten in the way and things have not turned out as planned, ATO has not been installed yet as I built my reservior box about 1/2 inch to big. I am not on the hunt for a new sump that will fit so I dont have to rebuild the reservior box.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top