Be careful when buying used EM products!

The larger joke in the electronics goods industry is the pathetic 1 year warranties most products carry. Another reason to always buy with a credit card that at least doubles the manufacturers warranty.

wait what!? why have i not heard about this before...granted i dont use much CC if I can help it tho. but could you kindly enlighten us about this plz :D

sorry to be off topic but I see a learning opp here...
 
Some cards will offer to extend coverage of a warranty for another year, some will double it, etc. Up here my world elite Mastercard extends all manufacturer / store warranties for a year. If the manufacturer denies it, Mastercard gets involved via a claim and the pays the repair / replacement cost up to the original charge.

I've used it on my Panasonic plasma that went poof at 14 months, due to them saving two cents by skipping plastic washers on the housing. They refused to warranty it and wanted $800 in part/service/call out fees to repair (on a $1200 new TV). Mastercard got involved, magically the repair bill dropped to $550 and I didn't pay a cent. The merchant processing fees mark up is included in the end retailer price anyway for most goods, might as well make the card work for you.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top