Beaten to death, but with a twist

"LE" or "Rare" only reflects the production or release of that particular seller.

My White People Eaters pop out about 2-3 new polyps a month. I only frag twice a year. That is a limited edition polyp for me. Though i know it doesn't happen, but if a seller was getting 100 polyp colonies every other shipment, then it would not be "rare" or "le" to them. Even with that said seller bringing in that may polyps, at Aloha Corals that polyp is still rare and limited on sale.

AC-Kevin
 
Be serious, if I put a coral up for sale here with a "LE" title I would be called out in an instant. This is why I asked, why has ST been given this "power"? Maybe a better question would be, "Why because one person say it's colorfull enough to be a LE does everyone believe it?"

The reason for that is because Steve garnered respect from his fellow reefers, which allowed him to do this.

I don't know who you are and never have heard of you, so its kind of a mute thing if you put an LE status on something.
The same with me - I don't garner respect just because I buy nice stuff.

Respect is earned over time and given by others - Steve has done that.
 
I dont think that Steve Tyree holds the power of ownership on the Limited Edition Coral. I could post a million vendors that put the LE title on many of there coral. For example, if its Steve Tyree's LE coral then its labeled Tyree LE. I think Steve started labeling Limited Edition coral and it stuck. Sometimes I thinks that its taken too far but thats only my opinion..
If the coral is truely limited edition, meaning only a couple frags will be released or its a one of a kind morph then I think it deserves the title Limited Edition. For those vendors that place LE on nearly all of there wild captured coral, well thats when its taken too far.
 
I think it's a linage line, or somthing of that nature, somthign that will make linage more easy to fallow, SOMTHIN I THINK THIS HOBBY NEEDS, also may i ask who you are? Are you just another fellow reefer and domane owner or some one of a higher calaber?
I don't have a problem with it at all. Steve is very well respected in this hobby as well as by me. I know you are not saying anything against him, I am just stating my opinion.

That being said R2R is fixing to unveil something pretty cool! I think you all will like it.
 
Your somebody to me! :D
 
Look what they have done with elegance coral. I wish I had the money to bid on a frag. Totally great things they do with corals. Its all about aquaculture.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top