Beaties in the algae growing in my ATS.

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
8,155
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one of many different types I see under my microscope.
Fascinating what lives in my waterfall ATS algae Ulva intestinalis to be exact. Not sure exactly what it is perhaps somebody on here will know. Not the best pic but the best I could get with my phone through one of my microscope lenses. X40 magnification.
20200719_125911.jpg
 
I don't know either. Maybe some kind of copepod?
 
I don't know either. Maybe some kind of copepod?
Nooo, not a copepod but something else. Most of the other beasties moved very fast under the microscope to get z shot in focus. Lots of stuff running round in there though.
 
I don’t think most microscopic plankton have names yet Lee and some are just to small to try and find what they will grow in to, they just fall into plankton category, cool to see how much biodiversity you can see under the microscope though
 
Nope don't think it was one of those either as it was longer and more longer in the body and didn't run around much, hence I managed to get a shot of it.

amphipod_or_scud_7-15-15.jpg
 
I don’t think most microscopic plankton have names yet Lee and some are just to small to try and find what they will grow in to, they just fall into plankton category, cool to see how much biodiversity you can see under the microscope though
This little fella was no more than 1.5mm long.
 
Is that an Acropora eating flatworm?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top