Beginning of a new life

Hello!...I see a lot of nitrates with no live stock? Did you use Dr Tims or somthing like that to introduce Bacteria? Dr Fosters and Smith is $10 & 25 gallon today, dose a .5-1 cup a week and cycle will be done. You still need to feed the bacteria, so start thinking fish. Good Luck
p-79368-FS63913KZ-fish-additives.jpg

I used colony by atm. Dosed ammonia. Has cycled since last week. It’s been steady since. Hopefully nothing happens although I do expect something to. I have a clean up crew and chaeto in the tank. No fish just yet. Skimmer broke so new Skimmer is on the way.
 
Tank has been cycled for 2 weeks now. I have made changes to the aquascape. CuC has done crazy amount of work. Chaeto has brought down my nitrates to almost 0ppm.

I do not have a skimmer yet as it has been in the mail for about a week. I’m annoyed at it.

The reef octopus return pump is insanely good. Flow in my tank has increased a lot! Even though the jebaos are great. I do have another light coming same with one more wave maker.

My fuge is under construction! I need a DSB. And more live rock.

b1ec9b0b9d26f9b6c5ef4789c0d34084.jpg
b25beee944b110d9d1679ed80a645aae.jpg
273eadf3c12ddca0082b153e742ad0c0.jpg
 
Alrighty guys, i know it may have looked as if i have quit and dissappeared but i have not! My tank is looking great. ive began stocking slowly and have began a build for a 220gal. While i take my time with the 220, my 65 is my heart for now. Here are some update photos

IMG_3691.JPG


IMG_3690.JPG
 
that's all I have been doing for 2 years now, new addition is, "Alexa, ask apex fusion for a status report" while staring at the tank.. :)

That’s actually epic. Lol
 
Update on this tank. Its still going. However it is getting replaced :(
Build thread hopefully soon, itll take a couple months to get to where i want with the new tank. I wont spill any tea on what it is. All i know it will take a while!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top