Best butterfly to eat Protopalythoa

Stigigemla

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
907
Reaction score
834
Location
sweden
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hundreds of Protopalythoa in my 280 gallon tank.
Some of the rocks is siliconized to the glass so I cant carry them out.
I´m thinking of putting all valuable corals in another tank and have some butterflys to clean the tank from Protopalythoa.
I have almost ruined one eye on the buttons so I want to handle them as little as possible.
Which ones will be the best?
 
I'm not sure there is any fish hat will eat those!
 
Some individuals of Pomacanthus navarchus and Euxiphipops xantomethopon do.
But I want to be certain.
 
.....But there is no absolute certainty that a fish will ever eat what you want it to? It's always up to the individual fish.
 
My emperor angel ate all the zoas left in my tank but only when he changed into adult form.

The only two he left alone we're grandis and nuclear greens. He ate purple deaths though oddly. I didn't have a protopalythoa though so can't add too much there but just wanted to mention in case it helped.
 
If you want to be sure go with the dogface. Mine are every coral I tried including mushrooms, green and brown button polyps, colonial yellow polyps, colt coral, even a Condy nem. Oddly enough when he was smaller he left a hammer and frogspawn and Colt coral alone. That's why I tried so many before giving up.

When he tried to eat my Rock Works I decided I had enough.









Just kidding on the last line. Lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top