Best flow for filtration in Fluval 13.5?

Luke Burns

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current order from top right to left is


1. Filter Floss

2. ChemiPure Blue

3. Purigen

4. MarinePure


Is this the best order? And I have a lot of extra space thanks to the intank media baskets so do I need to fill that in?
642f260852924302e83d6de2aa525bff.jpg
 
Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm ordering the inTank chamber 1 basket today. Reading thru various forums, I'm going to go with poly filter pad on top, chemipure (x2) in middle, purigen and fluval rings on bottom... then fill chamber 2 with marine pure balls.
I currently have the Fluval skimmer in chamber 1. Looking forward to getting rid of it. It's loud and kinda a pain in the butt to keep adjusted correctly.

More info from others here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/show-your-fluval-evo-13-5.292874/
 
I have mine with the filter floss on the top, then a micron media pad, then purigen, then GAC
 
Chemipure Blue and Purigen? Is this redundant? Are you shooting for zero nitrates and phosphates?

If I understand correctly, I think Chemipure Blue is activated carbon and a phosphate reduction resin, right? And what is Purigen again?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top