Best food routine for yellow clown goby? ;)

Lily Lemire

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2018
Messages
150
Reaction score
110
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there !Im housing a small yellow clown goby and I was wondering what was the best food routine i could adopt for my fish ☺ For the past days I fed Cyclops (thawed) every night and he ate with such appetite ... i know i will have to vary his diet ( with frozen brine shrimp right? ) but i need to know if i can feed every night or if it will make my nitrites go up like crazy.
• Some infos : 10 gallon nano tank with a mated ocellaris couple, orange lip conch, 1 hermit crab, 1 snail and few corals ( mushrooms, zoanthids, palythozoanthids, kenya tree coral , pachyclavularia, clavularia and elephant ear ) . 10 Aquatech filter + filtered hang breeder box with chaeto.
• 30% water change every 3 days

Thanks in advance :)
 
Mine eats flakes, brine shrimp infuzed with sparilina, Omega one mini pellets ,mysis. Mine is in 75 gallon and eats with the other fish. He holds his own.
 
Mine eats flakes, brine shrimp infuzed with sparilina, Omega one mini pellets ,mysis. Mine is in 75 gallon and eats with the other fish. He holds his own.
Have a really small one in my 75 also. He feeds pretty aggressively on anything I toss in. Hatchery diet pellets, new life spectrum pellets and mysis
 
Feeding correlates to PO4 and NO3, but that's where water changes come in. Feed a varied diet and feed him everyday.
 
The one I have actually tries to food guard....if I put in something like masstick or nori rubber banded to a rock he will sit right on top of it and try to keep other fish away. Of course he doesn't succeed because he's so small...but that doesn't stop him from trying lol!
 
Agreed. Especially for their size
Mine especially loves to steal food that happens to land in a coral

One thing I am finding that I love about the reef world is the different quarks and behaviors of the various species we keep
 
Last edited:
I’d say 25ppm nitrates is on the border of being high for me. Dustin
 
I’d say 25ppm nitrates is on the border of being high for me. Dustin
I tested the water of my 10 gallons after feeding 1 cube of frozen cyclops for 3 days and the test read 25 ppm of nitrates so i did a wc right away since i never had such high results.
 
The one I have actually tries to food guard....if I put in something like masstick or nori rubber banded to a rock he will sit right on top of it and try to keep other fish away. Of course he doesn't succeed because he's so small...but that doesn't stop him from trying lol![/QUOTE
Omg haha he seems to be quite a thug haha :p
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top