Best heater for Red Sea Reefer 350?

Joe Tyler Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
45
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

What heater do you all use on your RS Reefer 350? I just ordered one and want to buy a heater that fits perfectly in the sump. I have searched multiple forums and cannot find the answer to this question. I see that people use multiple heaters, which I am fine with, but I would like to know which brands fit without sticking out of the sump.

Please help.

Joe
 
I'd go with what ever one the reviews are good on and get 2 of them and a controller. All heaters fail. Best to always have 2 and have second set at a lower temp for emergency
 
I'm going with 2 eheim jager 250 in my 90 gallon
 
I'm going with 2 eheim jager 250 in my 90 gallon

I just got a jager 250 for my Reefer 350 and it's HUGE! I couldn't find anything online about a heater that fits best, so I just went with some solid reviews. I didn't really take sump size into account though, and while I think it will work, I know I will definitely have to replace it as it's just too big for the sump. I have it placed diagonally in the largest portion, and now I don't have much room for additional liverock or even a skimmer!

I'm going to stick with it while I cycle the tank, but I'll definitely have to swap out once things get stable.
 
I decided to go with the finnex 500w. I willlet you know how it goes.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top