Best Lighting option for red sea 425xl?

Chris Van Daele

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2018
Messages
117
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked at many threads and videos but can't seem to make up my mind. For a tank the dimensions of the 425xl what would be the best LED lighting option? How many fixtures?

I have read a lot of pros and cons to the kessil and radion line ups. Would 2 Kessil 360x be sufficient or 2 radion xr15?

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated!
 
Only you can decide what is best for you. People will post with what was best for them.

To get some suggestions more honed in to your needs, you might want to post which corals that you are thinking about keeping and the dimensions on the tank. The requirements for a softie dominated mixed reef will be totally different than wall-to-wall acropora tank.
 
I am hoping to get some discussion going on the pros and cons of each set up and how many light fixtures would be needed for a red sea 42xl......4ft long by 2ft wide by 2f tall. I would only have a few softies in the tank, but mostly fish only.

I am also hoping to have a central controller for everything, I am disappointed to see that kessil doesn't have much functionality in that regard
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top