Best place online to get a tank

3l3ments

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2014
Messages
89
Reaction score
44
Location
Riverton, UT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was out of the hobby for about 2yrs now and I cant fight it anymore haha. I don't have any shops that are close to me so I was looking at ordering online. Anyone have some good recommendations for me? looking at the 75g to 90g range pre drilled as well.
 
Bulk reef supply has the red sea reefers. There are also custom tanks like reef saavy and miracles
 
If you want some sweet rimless tanks for the low, check out BUCE plant
 
I'm in the same position and have found that, when the time comes, scaquariums.com will get my business. They have gotten great reviews and are approachable in cost.
 
I know they have mixed reviews, but the friends that I've seen, I'm impressed.......Glass Cages. I'm picking up my new custom 90 this Saturday. You can buy off the shelf, or pick and choose what you want customized. Other than custom dimensions, I'm getting low iron glass. Also, they are down in your neck of the woods....might be able to pick up directly.....or wait for their delivery schedule.
 
awesome those are some great places. I was looking at the red sea tanks its nice to have all that in one. Just having a hard time justifying spending that much since I could piece together a system for cheaper with a better sump I believe. Though the stand is really nice.
 
I came very close to ordering my last aquarium from Custom Aquariums

https://www.customaquariums.com/glass-aquariums/all-aquarium-standard-sizes.html

I didn't end up doing so, because I got a slightly better deal from Planet Aquarium. Unfortunately, Planet Aquarium doesn't sell to the public, you've got to go through a local shop. I did buy 2 of their 'H2Overflows, which I like, and 2 'Siphon Stopper' return lines, which I didn't care for. They're OK, but mine were generating micro bubbles, and I had to modify them to get them to work for me. CA was close on price, and a much better pricing than anything else I evaluated. I visited a couple shops that had their tanks set up as a display. Nice stuff.

They did a video on their construction techniques:
 
I got the best deal on a RSM E260 with the sump kit from Aquacave. They killed everyone on the sump price. The tank was MAP pricing. BRS told me they couldn't get the sump anyway. I will have to say this RSM is dead silent. I have never had a tank with a sump that didn't make some noise. This one is crickets. All i can hear is the slight hum from my return pump.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top