Best place to buy clams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jax15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
How was your experience? Shipped and packaged well? Pests?
I can vouch for their shipping. I bought a 6" maxima from them 2 weeks ago. The clam was really well packaged. They had it padded between some extra bags so it couldn't roll around in the bag. It was very apparent that they knew how to properly ship clams. I was also really happy with the health of the clam when it arrived. No pinched mantle and reactive to light. It did arrive with some central bleaching, however from what I've heard, its a pretty common stress response and will likely recover. After about a week, mine has attached to a slab of limestone I have it on.
Current picture: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cnZHMDFURU1IMXQxTF9uZ2xkVzlBYl9NUXI5aGx3
 
i got a squamosa coming thursday from PEA they had a sale going "Our Pick" Squamosa Clam Special -$190 Each" 5" or bigger ill post pictures when it arrives not sure if the sale is still happening

How'd it arrive? Did they pick the ugliest color haha?
 
It seems that the whole world is short clams? I have checked most of the venders listed in this thread to no avail. A few have them but they do not really go into what kind of system they are coming out of. I am wanting a clam that is coming out of an invert only (no fish) system and is kept there for at least 90 days... any Ideas? Sorry to high jack the thread I didn't want to start a new thread since this topic is so close.
 
I think air freight is very limited at this time.
 
How'd it arrive? Did they pick the ugliest color haha?
Sorry I forgot to reply to this thread I've had the clam for 6 weeks now it's doing good it was shipped well

IMG_20200623_112130.jpg
 
It seems that the whole world is short clams? I have checked most of the venders listed in this thread to no avail. A few have them but they do not really go into what kind of system they are coming out of. I am wanting a clam that is coming out of an invert only (no fish) system and is kept there for at least 90 days... any Ideas? Sorry to high jack the thread I didn't want to start a new thread since this topic is so close.
PacEast just posted some yesterday, but yeah, most places are out of stock right now.
 
I've had good luck with paceast and ora through la, but la also completely messed up my account and accidentally sent me extra clams so I guess be careful with that.
 
Just an update, I ended up ordering from PacEast. They by far had the best selection. We will see what happens. Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top