Best place to get a shark and stingray?

Fishguy1079

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
26
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone so I have a 210 gallon and I'm looking for a hallers Stingray-Urobatis and a coral cat shark. I saw Pete's aquarium has them as well as aquarium fish for sale.com But I've never ordered from either one of these places and I've heart some negative things about both. Anybody have any good recommendations?
Thanks!
 
Have you asked your local fish store? If they get fish from a large wholesale or importer they should also have sharks and rays available, some stores just don’t have to room or market to keep them, but you could work it out so when it arrives you pick it up in the store still in box and bag. Other than that dynasty marine has all kinds of sharks but they don’t sell to individuals.
 
Epaulette shark might also be better for the 210 gallon, the coral cat sharks do stay pretty small but seem to be more active swimmer, either way they both like to have a good size cave if possible.
 
Epaulette shark might also be better for the 210 gallon, the coral cat sharks do stay pretty small but seem to be more active swimmer, either way they both like to have a good size cave if possible.
Exactly right. I assume the 210 is 6' x 2' x 30" which if so it is too small for a Coral Catshark. An Epaulette would be better for this size tank.
 
Have you asked your local fish store? If they get fish from a large wholesale or importer they should also have sharks and rays available, some stores just don’t have to room or market to keep them, but you could work it out so when it arrives you pick it up in the store still in box and bag. Other than that dynasty marine has all kinds of sharks but they don’t sell to individuals.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've asked my LFS and they say they haven't seen anything which I find hard to believe because I've seen them available on several websites. Plus there prices are higher than what I've seen online and they don't offer a guarantee of any kind. On a side note I'm very familiar with dynasty marine. When I was in college I worked a a couple of LFS. Thise guys are great! And oh boy if you have a tank/ pond big enough they have a awesome selection of sharks and rays. Alot of what they carry is too big for most regular hobbyist. They carry, lemon,nurse, black tip sharks etc...
 
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've asked my LFS and they say they haven't seen anything which I find hard to believe because I've seen them available on several websites. Plus there prices are higher than what I've seen online and they don't offer a guarantee of any kind. On a side note I'm very familiar with dynasty marine. When I was in college I worked a a couple of LFS. Thise guys are great! And oh boy if you have a tank/ pond big enough they have an awesome selection of sharks and rays. Alot of what they carry is too big for most regular hobbyist. They carry, lemon,nurse, black tip sharks etc...
They can get you baby whale sharks too, the cost a few years ago was over 2million for one!!
Ora captive breed shark would be your best option just have to find one.
 

This place is very good...
 

This place is very good...
This place is a scam site. I asked if they had a pair of coral catsharks in stock and they told me yes. I placed an order and they told me they'd get in contact with their collector to get a pair in and it could take 6 months or longer. Then they ghosted me when I asked for a refund had to go through my bank. Do not purchase from here.
 
This place is a scam site. I asked if they had a pair of coral catsharks in stock and they told me yes. I placed an order and they told me they'd get in contact with their collector to get a pair in and it could take 6 months or longer. Then they ghosted me when I asked for a refund had to go through my bank. Do not purchase from here.
Glad I went back reread my threads . I literally just send them a message about some Haller's stingrays.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top