Best possible lighting for 34 gallon sps tank

MakoManc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
19
Reaction score
35
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently purchased a cad lights 34G Mini-II aquarium 30" x 16" x 16" . I have all my equipment picked out other than lighting. This is going to be an sps reef. I'm wanting the light that's going to provide the best color, and promote growth as well. Pushing price aside what is the best possible light setup I could do? I was thinking 2 Kessil A360's or a Radion xr30w pro. I was also looking into the new Kessil AP700. Im not sure if these lights are too exsessive for just a 34 gallon but I want to make sure I have as little shading on my corals as possible.

Any expertise, ideas and input is welcome,

Thanks!
 
I'm running an ATI 6 bulb 36" T5 over a 38 ga sps tank. Corals love it and I do, too.
kim\'s tank23 001.JPG
 
Looks excellent. I think a T5 & LED combo is the way to go. I've gone that route over a 40 g mixed reef tank. I'd love to supplement the 38 g with LEDs but there's no room.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top