Best T5 bulb combination to add to LED?

Tobias9413

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
145
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my new set up i will be adding 2 2-bulb fixtures to my LED lights. I will be arranging my fixtures from back to front as t5-led-t5. The LED I’m using is a JBJ sl-100 light. The fixtures will be about 12” from the top of the water over a 36”x36”x24” cube tank. What t5 bulb combinations did you add to your LED to make your corals pop and your tank pleasing to look at? Pictures of your tanks with your bulbs would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
 
In my new set up i will be adding 2 2-bulb fixtures to my LED lights. I will be arranging my fixtures from back to front as t5-led-t5. The LED I’m using is a JBJ sl-100 light. The fixtures will be about 12” from the top of the water over a 36”x36”x24” cube tank. What t5 bulb combinations did you add to your LED to make your corals pop and your tank pleasing to look at? Pictures of your tanks with your bulbs would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
Matched with the Kessil AP700 I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture consisting of:
Two ATI Blue +, one ATI Coral +, and one ATI Purple +

JIBDkNCh.jpg

UxYmIqyh.jpg

The bulbs are arranged as follows. In the rear t5 fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Coral+. In the front fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Purple+
 
Matched with the Kessil AP700 I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture consisting of:
Two ATI Blue +, one ATI Coral +, and one ATI Purple +

JIBDkNCh.jpg

UxYmIqyh.jpg

The bulbs are arranged as follows. In the rear t5 fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Coral+. In the front fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Purple+

ATI Blue Plus+ ATI Blue Plus, and maybe a ATI Purple Plus
 
Matched with the Kessil AP700 I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture consisting of:
Two ATI Blue +, one ATI Coral +, and one ATI Purple +

JIBDkNCh.jpg

UxYmIqyh.jpg

The bulbs are arranged as follows. In the rear t5 fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Coral+. In the front fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Purple+

Wow tank looks great! Just to be sure, those are ATI bulbs right? Also, is your kessil at %100 or less at its peak? I’m guessing less other wise if may be too much light right?
 
Wow tank looks great! Just to be sure, those are ATI bulbs right? Also, is your kessil at %100 or less at its peak? I’m guessing less other wise if may be too much light right?
Yup ATI bulbs. AP700 maxes out at 30% intensity. And thank you :)
 
I went with 2 Hydra 26's with 5 T5's Giuesmann Super Actinic, 3 Blue+ and 1 Purple+

9bpBEPPA_o.jpg

0EMARpBI_o.jpg

Awesome tank! What are the dimensions? Looks like Blue+ is a popular bulb
 
I use 2 ATI Blue+, 1 Coral +, 1 Purple+. My Kessil A360's max out at 40% Intensity.

Are you Kessils in the middle? And are the bulbs in that order from back to front?
 
Awesome tank! What are the dimensions? Looks like Blue+ is a popular bulb

Thanks, tank is 42L X 22.5W X 12H. Yeah Blue+ is a great bulb but IMO you need a Purple+ or Coral+ to balance them out or it will make the colors look muted or dull IMO.
 
Matched with the Kessil AP700 I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture consisting of:
Two ATI Blue +, one ATI Coral +, and one ATI Purple +

JIBDkNCh.jpg

UxYmIqyh.jpg

The bulbs are arranged as follows. In the rear t5 fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Coral+. In the front fixture the outside bulb is the Blue+, the inside bulb is the Purple+

I run the same exact set up.
With a max ap700 intensity of 50%
 
ATI BLUE+, CORAL+, BLUE+, & True Actinic.

received_10211958622348031.jpeg

Think this is just the 2 Blue+ either at the beginning or end of the day.
Middle of the day is all about feeding the corals through photosynthesis with all 4 bulbs to get this look for a few hours of enjoyment for myself.
 
Last edited:
Sorry no pics , but ATI B+,C+ Hydra26HD ATI C+,B+
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top