Best time to buy reefing equipment?

That's amazing because here in SW Florida you could buy a new Red Sea system and never unpack it. Try and sell it two months later and you'd be lucky to get 60% of what it cost new!
I mean things like pumps, Apex, Apex modules, ATO systems etc. $160 for a used item I can buy for $199? Or get on sale for $160 if I wait? nah.
 
best time to buy is when you need it, not when it's on sale and you don't need it.
choose and buy wisely. last thing you need is buying something you don't need because it is a major hassle to sell anything reef related.
 
If you don't mind buying used make a list and watch the for sale forum on a daily basis. You will find people getting out of the hobby and get the best deals there. Better than any black friday deal for sure.
 
I continue to be amazed at what prices some things demand even ‘used’. Very often I’ve hunted the listings only to find at best 20% off new. Might as well wait for a 10% or 15% off new sale to come along at that point. But other buyers scoop them up. Can’t argue with market forces!


Depends on what it is and sometimes what brand.
I have seen some stuff like you said sell close to sale price while other stuff is hard to giveaway.

I got to laugh at some of the prices on the classic Apex. It is discontinued and put at closeout prices and yet I saw used ones selling for more than new.
 
Depends on what it is and sometimes what brand.
I have seen some stuff like you said sell close to sale price while other stuff is hard to giveaway.

I got to laugh at some of the prices on the classic Apex. It is discontinued and put at closeout prices and yet I saw used ones selling for more than new.


Def depends on the seller when ever you see someone sell something that’s $100 for $95 and “Firm because item is in great shape” it’s a wrap don’t even try it, I got an MP10(old but still working)for $40 also got a Kessil A160 with a for $60 you just can’t beat some offers when people want to get rid of things but of course if you need something right now used items are hit or miss since you have to wait around. Also my Radions (G4 non pro) I paid about $500 for both for one the guy forced me to take his livestock gave me a bundle $400 for about 30 hammer heads and 16 lobo heads sold those made my money back lol and I sold them dirt cheap( his wife wanted everything OUT)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top