Best upgrade for nano tank filtration

Peteskeet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im starting 15 gallon Nuvo nano reed tank that comes with a sponge as it’s main filtration. My question is what would be best for upgrading this filtration style to something better.
 
Im starting 15 gallon Nuvo nano reed tank that comes with a sponge as it’s main filtration. My question is what would be best for upgrading this filtration style to something better.
If you can fit the 100ml bag of Purigen (for chemical filtration), it would be a good fit under your sponge filter.

736ca25aeb1259e23cda3e807f8ef3c4__57845.1573747240.jpg


Besides that just making weekly water changes should get the job done.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bumping for others that know of a skimmer that will fit.
 
I have a similar question. I'm about to start my cycle on a new Fluval Evo 13.5

It comes with the sponge filter obviously. But I want to put the chamber baskets in.

My question is...
Can I go ahead and get my cycle started with the sponge and in a couple weeks take all the media I've used during the cycle sans the sponge. And transfer it into the chamber baskets? I plan to squeeze and kind of rinse the sponge in the tank to remove as much of that BB as possible.
I think if I do this and add another dose of fritz turbo I should be good.

What say you?
 

Attachments

  • 20210104_130728.jpg
    20210104_130728.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 38
Check out intankaquatics.com they have all kinds of media baskets for your tanks. I had one in my old JBJ 28g Nano cube and it made cleaning sponge and putting media easier.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top