Best way to attach coral temporary spot

rsarceno

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had salt water aquarium for decades and recently (Nov 2018) I restarted an old tank for coral. (40 Gal with 30 Gal Sump)
I added 3 clown fish approx 3 months ago.
So far purchase 6 coral frags for the past month and making sure Alk (9) , Cal (400) and Mag (1300) stays within the recommend parameter

The first two Coral I purchased zoanthids was placed on the top and middle of the rock. It wasn't very happy after a week so I place it the sand bed
After 2 weeks I purchase another 4 coral (2 Frogpawn, 1 Hammer and 1 Acan) and placed them all on the sand bed

They are all doing fine and fully open up except for one Zoanthids. Some Zoa head (same colony) are fully open, half open and some are close (during the day when the lights are on)

My question is how can I place the coral on the rock (somewhat vertical) for 1 weeks without making it permanent just to see if that spot has the right flow, light etc
Something that wont fall off and the same time easy to move if needed.

Thanks
 
I had salt water aquarium for decades and recently (Nov 2018) I restarted an old tank for coral. (40 Gal with 30 Gal Sump)
I added 3 clown fish approx 3 months ago.
So far purchase 6 coral frags for the past month and making sure Alk (9) , Cal (400) and Mag (1300) stays within the recommend parameter

The first two Coral I purchased zoanthids was placed on the top and middle of the rock. It wasn't very happy after a week so I place it the sand bed
After 2 weeks I purchase another 4 coral (2 Frogpawn, 1 Hammer and 1 Acan) and placed them all on the sand bed

They are all doing fine and fully open up except for one Zoanthids. Some Zoa head (same colony) are fully open, half open and some are close (during the day when the lights are on)

My question is how can I place the coral on the rock (somewhat vertical) for 1 weeks without making it permanent just to see if that spot has the right flow, light etc
Something that wont fall off and the same time easy to move if needed.

Thanks
You can use a combination of reef putty and superglue.....which is how I attach all of my frags. Even though they are super-glued, they can still be pretty easily removed if needed.
 
Is putty easier the super glue to remove the plugs form the rock?

I'm a newbie when it comes to coral and every time I heard super glue, I always think it's somewhat permanent and that there going to me some force / damage to remove it

Thanks
 
You can actually pop the coral right off. I don't know if it's the salt water, but the super glue doesn't "glue" it like it does on land.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top