Best way to reboot a reef tank?

_cpate3_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2023
Messages
402
Reaction score
318
Location
Trenton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 30 gallon setup that I have left sitting without much attention for about a month due to exams and college stuff and unfortunately a lot of my corals do not look great, there is brown sand and dinos everywhere, and im really upset I let it get this far without doing anything. How should I go about bringing the tank back to health. Im starting with a large >50% water change today and im going to start dosing kalk again along with dinoX. Any tips on how to get my reef back to looking pristine and clear!
 
I’ve read that water changes could make Dino’s worse due to lowering nutrients for competing organisms. I’d recommend adding lots of copepods to help control them. BRS did a few good videos on it if you’re interested in doing more research.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top