Best way to remove encrusted acro colony?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Peng
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kalk will quickly kill any encrusting colony that is left over. You have to turn the flow pumps off, though.

This is what I use. I mix up Kalk into a thick paste and suck it up into a syringe (like the one that comes with a test kit). Then I turn of the pumps for a little while. Then you can basically draw with the syringe where you want coral to die. Wait a little while and then turn your pumps back on.
 
I mix it up thick enough so that it barely goes into a Salifert 10ml syringe... and when it comes out, you can write with it. I leave the pumps off for 4-5 hours, except for the return.
 
My tort but pops off the plastic like I planed. Have 2 b gentle. Rock I have frags and a main

image.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top