Best way to supplement nano tank

dawson reynolds

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
93
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a softy 20g tank and I am about to add some lps. I was something the best way to keep levels where that need to be like calcium mg and kh. Will 20% every 2 weeks of reef crystals salt be ok or will I have to add something like Kalkwasser?
 
You will be able to figure out your consumption rate by weekly testing between water changes. I would guess that you wouldn’t need to dose anything unless you have a lot of corals in the tank. Water changes should keep up but testing is the only way to know for sure.[emoji106]
 
I believe you will be fine for a long time with your regular water changes.

Test alk and calcium once a week, same day and time.

Once your regularl wc cannot keep up, you will know what your weekly demand is and be able to choose a dosing method that will work for you.
 
You will be able to figure out your consumption rate by weekly testing between water changes. I would guess that you wouldn’t need to dose anything unless you have a lot of corals in the tank. Water changes should keep up but testing is the only way to know for sure.[emoji106]
Ok I think the only stony corals I will keep is like a frog spawn and a acan
 
I
Your tank will do just fine with the water changes then.

Good question!
if I decide to add more and I have to supplement is the Red Sea abc+ a good source can I just mix it with my salt during a water change
 
I believe ab&c is alkaline, calcium, and magnesium?

Those will be dosed independently based on actual consumption.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top