BIG PLANS for 2021: What's your reefing plans?

Do you have BIG plans for reefing in 2021?

  • YES, BIG PLANS (tell us in the thread)

    Votes: 201 38.7%
  • I have plans but not big plans..

    Votes: 213 41.0%
  • No new plans..

    Votes: 101 19.4%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 5 1.0%

  • Total voters
    520
Sadly my biggest goal for my reef tank for 2021 is to stop adjusting lighting and flow so much and to keep my hands out of the tank as much as possible.
 
Currently the process of buying our first home!! We will be doing a bunch of renovations (additions really), including two in the wall fish tanks. One of them will be a smaller 30-50gal in our bedroom for our clowns that we have in our bedroom currently, the other will be 600-1000+ gal (depending on structural integrity) hopefully in the living room for our other fish! So excited
 
Sadly my biggest goal for my reef tank for 2021 is to stop adjusting lighting and flow so much and to keep my hands out of the tank as much as possible.
I need to do the same. I am constantly wanting to fix what’s wrong and that’s a bad think in this hobby
 
I found some used Radion gen 3’s for sale or should I bite the bullet and get the gen 5. I can get the 3’s for $630 shipped
This really depends on budget both will do the same thing. If budget is not a problem brand new G5 if budget is a concern then do the ones u found...:)
 
This really depends on budget both will do the same thing. If budget is not a problem brand new G5 if budget is a concern then do the ones u found...:)
Any thoughts on the reef breeders brand. I’ve seen them in several LFS and they swear by them
 
I bought a 61" hybrid and 4 Hydra 32's and 2 new Max Spect gyre 350's for my new 180 build this winter. My 125 crashed during a one week power outage this last summer.
My next purchase is Apex with Trident then new rimless tank.
I already have a Bubble Magnus Curve 7 skimmer, 55 gal sump and Jeabo DC15000 return pump.
 
My most immediate plan is to get a 120 softie tank going. Trying to pick an aquarium manufacture now.
 
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?


2021 reefing plans.jpg
Hi Experts, Been running a 3ft mixed reef tank for over 5 years now and my wife approved for us to go for a bigger 5ft tank ;) as many of our fishes are becoming too big for our existing tank... we are possibly looking at a RedSea Reefer XL 525 which is a 409L (108G) Display and 525L (139G) Total volume tank.

The plan is to make the 3ft to be more a coral dominant tank and the 5ft for mainly fish with selective corals... was wondering if anyone could point me to a good checklist (covering general guidelines, equipment, setup, maintenance, etc.) to leverage as I start the process.

Any other suggestions and recommendations are very much welcome. Thank you very much.
 
My big plans are to finish my house restoration from the great freeze in Texas and hopefully get a replacement tank project for 2022
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top