Bio-luminescent Algae in home aquariums?

Miracl3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done this? I figure I will culture it in its own separate container and for parties or when I want to enjoy it, toss some in and turn on my wavemaker and watch the waves/powerhead glow(well that is the future plan anyway, I haven't bought the powerhead yet)

Is this a realistic goal/expectation? does anyone have any experience culturing this?

I found this website that is offering kits to culture 3 species of algae:
Bioluminescent Algae
 
No experience.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top