Biocube 32 Filtration... Is this right?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I’m looking at the picks above. I’m going to be taking off my lid soon and putting on an AI Prime 16HD as well. Did you have any issues with the middle hinge? Also did you get a defuser for your AI?
 
On my biocube I have the heater and intake for HOB skimmer in chamber 1. Chamber 2 I have intank media basket with filter floss on top of chemipure blue, the HOB skimmer emptys in the top of the basket too. Then bio balls and last is bag of carbon. Instead of the intank fudge I just put some seachem matrix in a bag and set it by the baffle that goes to the return pump. In chamber 3 I have the return pump ATO system and a yellow watchman goby that made his way to there somehow.
What are the benefits of having a Watchman Goby in chamber 3?
 
Couple of things I'd consider:

Refugium: I used them for years, worked OK, but man they took up a lot of space and are difficult to keep clean (generally a pain in the ***). Recently I switched over to an Algae Scrubber and brother that thing is amazing. Not only does it work better, it takes up less space and is much easier to maintain! I DIYed them for like $50 complete, check out YouTube.

Emerald Crab: I'd get rid of him now before he causes any damage. The are terrors, they kill snails (even fish in some cases) and generally harass everything. All snails is the way to go.

Good Luck!

PS Don't get a Firefish, you'll never see them.
 
One thing I recently did was attach sides to the intank fuge. I used the stock media rack. The wides of the stock rack fit on the sides of the intank fuge perfect. Zip tied them on to give me a box.

I was having some problems with my chaeto being sucked to the side of the fuge and into the return pump since it had open sides.

Not a proble

Couple of things I'd consider:

Refugium: I used them for years, worked OK, but man they took up a lot of space and are difficult to keep clean (generally a pain in the ***). Recently I switched over to an Algae Scrubber and brother that thing is amazing. Not only does it work better, it takes up less space and is much easier to maintain! I DIYed them for like $50 complete, check out YouTube.

Emerald Crab: I'd get rid of him now before he causes any damage. The are terrors, they kill snails (even fish in some cases) and generally harass everything. All snails is the way to go.

Good Luck!

PS Don't get a Firefish, you'll never see them.
love the idea of the algae scrubber for my 32 biocube. any specifics on the build or the youtube video you used?
 
I run my BioCube with the stock tray, but I run filter floss up top and media balls at the very bottom and in the third is a small media reactor with carbon and ROWAPHOS when needed for phosphate control. Although, I haven’t really needed it as of late, but here’s the video I did on it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top