Biocube 32g (Mixed Corals Only for now)

Do you have any before and after pictures of the lighting upgrade?. I have also been considering this.

70c66810d18a36186d4161f9237cae06.jpg

Stock lighting


1623056796a7b62eff57fe17f5d108d2.jpg

Steve’s LEDs upgrade
 
I have a lid coming in for my biocube 32 to add an AI Hydra 26. I plan to do a before and after thread for it. I could tag you in it to see if you are interested. If you are looking to do stony coral I would recommend a light upgrade. I have a duncan in my tank with three heads that is happy half way up the side on a frag rack getting quite a lot of flow.
Are there special AI biocube lids?
70c66810d18a36186d4161f9237cae06.jpg

Stock lighting


1623056796a7b62eff57fe17f5d108d2.jpg

Steve’s LEDs upgrade

Have any pics of what the steve’s leds looks like with more white?
 
I read on another post about the GSP and how to tell if it’s dead. They were talking about the purple plate. I know when the plug came off so did a piece of purple rock. So wonderful if that was not the plate? It was doing fine in another tank until I removed the plug and the other piece just fell off

EDFAC892-26A4-43A5-9038-3FB325EA5AB9.jpeg


2A3FF7EA-E3E6-406F-9E59-C5B8AE2E9C4C.jpeg
I don’t know how to advise you on this other than it looks probably alive to me. Not really sure i follow or know about this purple plate stuff.
 
Are there special AI biocube lids?

I ordered an acrylic lid from clear view aquatics. It allows you to use any kind of light that you can install yourself, I will have my hydra mounted to rails. Some people use kessils, ai primes, or radions.
 
Hello, I am posting here to see if I can get some assistance and to make sure I am heading in the right direction with my tank. I do not want to change the lit so my settings are:

LC1 (1200 to 4:00)
LC2 (4:00 to 2100)
LC3 (0515 to 2200)

I am also confused about the placing of corals because I continue to see so many different opinions. I did move my Zoanthids to the bottom of the tank and they seem to be doing better. I currently do not have any fish in the tank but I do have snails, crabs. Also I think the green coral at the top is a favia but not 100% sure.

83C67471-2E99-4025-A452-165799206F2F.jpeg


B34FD659-31D1-4278-9CD1-72329FA17890.jpeg
Your tank looks pretty new, how long has it been set up and what are your water parameters?

Also, I'm a little confused on your lighting cycle, is lc1 1200 to 1600 and lc2 1600 to 2100?
 
Last edited:
I ditched my hood on both biocubes and don't think Ill ever own a tank with one again.
 
Your tank looks pretty new, how long has it been set up and what are your water parameters?

Also, I'm a little confused on your lighting cycle, is lc1 1200 to 1600 and lc2 1600 to 2100?

Ha!! You must be military. Yes those are my light settings. LC3 0515 to 2245
 
Your tank looks pretty new, how long has it been set up and what are your water parameters?

Also, I'm a little confused on your lighting cycle, is lc1 1200 to 1600 and lc2 1600 to 2100?
Oh sorry. It’s been up for awhile. I put damsels in my tank and ICK killed them with 3 days. So I cleared up tank and now just corals!! So maybe 1 month if that
 
keeping a reef tank is a slow hobby. 1 month may seem like a long time, but for reefing it is a blink of an eye. I personally did not add coral until after 6 months. Even then I added a RBTA first and let it settle before i got even anything else. The same goes for the supplements, it will be a slow and gradual change as you dose as recommend. Everything in this hobby is slow and gradual, and rapid changes are sure to end poorly.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top