Biocube leds and coral growth

Suggsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
209
Location
Marksville,Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering what everyone has had success growing with stock biocube leds?

Things you’ve tried and lights weren’t enough for?

Considering switching lights eventually but I have to leave my hood on and don’t care too much for the look of a light on top of the hood.
 
Suggs - I use my biocube 17 as my invert and coral qt. I was noticing that the coral were not reacting well. My seneye said the par readings where around 100-75. so I took the stock out and put in a SBReef Sprite(Nano) reef. I keep it as far back on the tank as I can and have it on the lowest settings. Now my par is 300-100 While they are in QT they seem to react better. I just need to be careful on placement depending on type of coral. Frags that want low light go in the front and SPS towards the back. SBReef has a video on how to cut your hood to fit their light.
 
Last edited:
Steve's LEDs! My son can grow anything!
 
Stock Biocube lights will keep softies and LPS happy.

I had a 16g Biocube and the main issue was with Palys, they would stretch towards the light.

I kept some SPS in the upper 1/3rd of the tank and had good luck with then keeping color, things like the ORA green birdsnest and montipora all kept their color.
Stay away from acros, I had a nice Milli that looked like crap under those lights.
 
Stock Biocube lights will keep softies and LPS happy.

I had a 16g Biocube and the main issue was with Palys, they would stretch towards the light.

I kept some SPS in the upper 1/3rd of the tank and had good luck with then keeping color, things like the ORA green birdsnest and montipora all kept their color.
Stay away from acros, I had a nice Milli that looked like crap under those lights.
Stock Biocube lights will keep softies and LPS happy.

I had a 16g Biocube and the main issue was with Palys, they would stretch towards the light.

I kept some SPS in the upper 1/3rd of the tank and had good luck with then keeping color, things like the ORA green birdsnest and montipora all kept their color.
Stay away from acros, I had a nice Milli that looked like crap under those lights.

Ooh that’s amazing to know. I wanted to try montipora. I’d be fine with keeping it up higher. My palys are happy but I do keep them higher up.
 
IMG_20190602_112145548.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top