Biota Coral Beauty Angelfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Reefen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
46
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder are the Biota coral beauty angelfish safe with coral since they are captive bred, please let me know if you have experience with them in the reef tank. thanks
 
I wonder are the Biota coral beauty angelfish safe with coral since they are captive bred, please let me know if you have experience with them in the reef tank. thanks
A Captive Bred Angel will still be just as risky as a wild caught Angel with coral.
Captive Breeding doesn’t take natural behaviours out of the fish unfortunately.
 
^Agreed

Imo it comes down to the individual personality of the creature (perhaps other variables as well). Many have CBs that never touch coral (myself included) while occasionally others report thiers does.
 
I have a Biota Coral Beauty that I've had about 6 months. Just in the last month its begun nipping at my digitatas and acans. I feed 3 times a day. Both freeze dried (Reef Jerky) and frozen (Angel & Butterfly Fish food). Any tips to those that have had their CBs get a taste corals? My next step is to rehome :(
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top