BK's will be wrasse and SPS Dominated 120

Current FTS.

IMG_20160507_203427.jpg


Slowly cycling and maturing the rock, added Dr. Tims ammonia, a few pieces of pellet food and MB7.
 
And back to the fixture...

Finished taping the bottom, didn't want any overspray on the inside where I've already painted.

IMG_20160505_143953.jpg


Then it was time to move it into the booth. Using all PPG products.

IMG_20160505_163910.jpg
 
First step was using wax and grease remover to make sure it was clean then tack it off with a tack cloth to remove any small dust particles.

Then apply a dark shade of sealer.

IMG_20160505_164438.jpg


Then apply a color coat using PPG Envirobase, a waterborne base coat.

IMG_20160505_171331.jpg


It's a black metallic base.

IMG_20160505_171331.jpg
 
Awesome! I'd do a crazy color ;)

Does PPG still offer the house of colors line?
 
Awesome! I'd do a crazy color ;)

Does PPG still offer the house of colors line?

Na, keeping it simple and clean, no neon green for me. ;)

HoK is still out there don't believe PPG has any dogs in that fight. I actually think Axalta (formally DuPont) has their rights. Could be wrong though.
 
Na, keeping it simple and clean, no neon green for me. ;)

HoK is still out there don't believe PPG has any dogs in that fight. I actually think Axalta (formally DuPont) has their rights. Could be wrong though.

Ahhhhh yes, maybe it was dupont. This was quite a few years ago when I almost painted my car tangerine orange haha.

Neon green is just my piping hahaha :p
 
Well, the tank is in its new home, plenty of work ahead to get it ready though. We shall move forward!
 
Got all the old plumbing with the tank, it's currently soaking in tap water and vinegar, unsure of what parts I'll end up using.

IMG_20160514_192749.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top