Blue eyed tang abrasion vs something else

gibbers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2022
Messages
248
Reaction score
256
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purchased quarantined , Swimming and eating constantly. I think what I have in the picture is an abrasion but I wanted to get some input or validation. No signs other signs of sickness.

E1793C4C-81DC-473A-9B34-7304F1BBD9A8.jpeg
 
How long has it been in your tank?
Did it get a full comprehensive quarantine, or an abbreviated one?

I don't see anything that needs treatment at this point.

Jay
 
Purchased quarantined , Swimming and eating constantly. I think what I have in the picture is an abrasion but I wanted to get some input or validation. No signs other signs of sickness.

E1793C4C-81DC-473A-9B34-7304F1BBD9A8.jpeg
Abrasion or scratch is likely what it is and the nice thing about marine fish is their ability to heal and quickly. Keep an eye on it for continued healing and not infection. Should it become infected, seachem Kanaplex in a quarantine tank will be treatment regimen for at least 5 days but from looks of it will heal.
 
Abrasion or scratch is likely what it is and the nice thing about marine fish is their ability to heal and quickly. Keep an eye on it for continued healing and not infection. Should it become infected, seachem Kanaplex in a quarantine tank will be treatment regimen for at least 5 days but from looks of it will heal.
Thank you I appreciate your quick response have a great new year!
 
Abrasion or scratch is likely what it is and the nice thing about marine fish is their ability to heal and quickly. Keep an eye on it for continued healing and not infection. Should it become infected, seachem Kanaplex in a quarantine tank will be treatment regimen for at least 5 days but from looks of it will heal.
What year vette?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top