Blue legged hermit crab Thoughts and opinions?

ChrisPPolys

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2024
Messages
173
Reaction score
259
Location
Красноя́рск
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone,

These past couple of days I have been seeing my blue legged hermit crab acting weird. Ive had both the hermit crab and coral for years. I’ve never seen him exhibit this behavior. I keep finding him walking on my neon green toadstool coral. It will walk all around on top as well as flip upside down and hold on. I’ve gone ahead and added a few pictures.

This obviously annoys the toadstool and causes him to close up. Is he possibly eating away at the toadstool? I’m interested to see your thoughts on this behavior. Thanks in advance for your time.

Chris

IMG_1003.jpeg IMG_1004.jpeg IMG_1005.jpeg
 
I believe the blue legged are "nicer" than the red legged ... but I appreciate the work my snails do, and it seem all hermits eventually get hungry for escargot
 
Upvote 0
I’ve had the Blue Legs crawl over everything Coral I have, never noticed any damage. If I dip a Coral in Hydrogen Peroxide, for Algae. Multiple Blue Legs, will go over the Coral, picking the damaged algae off.
 
Upvote 0
I’ve had the Blue Legs crawl over everything Coral I have, never noticed any damage. If I dip a Coral in Hydrogen Peroxide, for Algae. Multiple Blue Legs, will go over the Coral, picking the damaged algae off.
It’s weird it doesn’t seem to be damaging the coral, the coral just recedes for a bit and then is normal 20 minutes later. Maybe it’s his new jungle gym lol
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top