Blue tang has sores on its face.

Slodoc07

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my Blue Tang in QT for almost a week now and I just noticed it has developed what looks like sores towards the front of its face. It is eating and acting normally. What could it be, I’m sure it’s not good but what are the treatments? All I have is cupramine, not dosed yet, I wanted to wait a week just to observe the new fish before I started dosing.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. It is shy and would hide when I came to the glass.
f297b755b7c0fb124102d96623932363.jpg
8c409a37d50caddc04a532f7f1009779.jpg
 
It's a bit tough to say from pics. Are the "sores" flat or protruding completely white or any other color? Only 1 or multiple?
 
It's a bit tough to say from pics. Are the "sores" flat or protruding completely white or any other color? Only 1 or multiple?

It seems that they are protruding out and the sores seem to just be white. There are two of them.
 
When they scratch themselves it looks like that. My hippo is notorious for scratching her face up because she is so flighty.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top