Blue Tang, is this normal or do I have a bully?

Huntersreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2024
Messages
116
Reaction score
109
Location
Central Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed my little blue hippo tang’s tail look scalloped. He is newer to the tank but appears to have acclimated well. Is this a normal growth pattern?

IMG_7244.jpeg IMG_7246.jpeg
 
Better photo
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7240.jpeg
    IMG_7240.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 25
I do see the blue tang appear to acquiesce to the fox face. But have not seen the fox face bite at his tail.
 
I do see the blue tang appear to acquiesce to the fox face. But have not seen the fox face bite at his tail.
Foxface don’t nip. The others might but is unlikely. Tank size? And better pictures of the tail if possible?
@vetteguy53081
 
He’s a quick little guy so a good photo is hard. Here is one zoomed in a bit more.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7240.jpeg
    IMG_7240.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks everyone! I will keep an eye on the clowns.
 
Noticed my little blue hippo tang’s tail look scalloped. He is newer to the tank but appears to have acclimated well. Is this a normal growth pattern?

IMG_7244.jpeg IMG_7246.jpeg
This is aggression damage and the culprit needs to be identified. next time you feed, set your cell phone on video mode for about 20 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a bully at feeding time.
Review the video and see who it may be
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top