Bought a 20lb C02 tank off a private individual

What was it used for previously? Grow rooms? Paintball? Reef related?
Iam not really sure, I bought it from a guy nnb today off craigslist. I asked him where he got it, and he said from a Chinese guy. That's all the details I got from him.
 
Iam not really sure, I bought it from a guy nnb today off craigslist. I asked him where he got it, and he said from a Chinese guy. That's all the details I got from him.
I’ll bet money he ripped it off from somewhere and was just looking for some quick cash
 
Fill a balloon with gas and expose it to an open flame, plug your ears and stand Back... Also make sure your will and house insurance is up-to-date

If you have CO2 the results will be rather drab... Anything else is likley to go boom!
 
Just be aware that some companies will only fill there cylinders. May have to find a place that will test and fill anyone's cylinder
 
Can't you get it re certified, I do with my propane tanks.
Yes but costs about the same amount of money as buying a cert-one. Best to turn a cylinder that's about to become uncertified for one that has a date 4-5yrs out. It's all a game. A game of money

Any reputable refill company wont touch a cylinder past its cert-date and will charge money to recert it. Again...its all a money grab biz

Liquid gas filled cylinders ain't like pulling into Speedway and getting a fountain drink refill. Lololololololololol

I mean... MY GOD MAN! if a house filled up with CO2 from a leak someone could end up with a mild headache. My God Man trag9!!!!
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top