Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Well. I’ll tell you what I’m doing to help with my tank. Maybe it’ll help you too. I’m changing my Fuge area to the first part of the sump. Skimmer in second section and return pump/carbon reactor in third.

I initially wanted to do this but got scared the skimmer wouldn’t get adequate water levels. Turns out it does and I’ve been testing water levels since I got the skimmer
 
IMG_20190206_163037504.jpg
 
One observation about sump layout that I have read and heard: Skimmer should go before fuge because skimmer can remove pods that are moving from fuge to tank.

But I have also read that skimmer before fuge can remove some of the stuff you want your fuge to get..... It's a paradox ;)
 
One observation about sump layout that I have read and heard: Skimmer should go before fuge because skimmer can remove pods that are moving from fuge to tank.

But I have also read that skimmer before fuge can remove some of the stuff you want your fuge to get..... It's a paradox ;)

That’s the dilemma. At that point its whichever way works best for the tank ecosystem.

I’m afraid to switch it up but I’m willing to try it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top