Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Sorry for the flu. Get rest, a trip to the doctor wont do much since the flu is viral. Antibiotics wont do much because it isnt bacterial. youll have to just take something like tamiflu and motrin,tylenol for the fever.
 
Last edited:
I'm seriously leaning toward a 2.5 gallon fuge. My bioload is very small. What do you guys think?
I would think even a small refugium is beneficial. Especially if you are more concerned with it as a refuge for pods and the like as opposed to nutrient export. I am no expert on this size question though.

 
I'm leaning toward painting this stand white. It will be the largest wooden structure in the living room. My fireplace and wood trim is all Satin White. The corner it will be in is dark. I think it might look good to mimic the fireplace. The trim I'm planning is the same too.
 
I'm leaning toward painting this stand white. It will be the largest wooden structure in the living room. My fireplace and wood trim is all Satin White. The corner it will be in is dark. I think it might look good to mimic the fireplace. The trim I'm planning is the same too.

I like that idea. Curious, do you actually use the fireplace?
 
@saltyfilmfolks what do you think? About both the fuge size and stand color? This tank will have a skimmer...
I, we all, would have to look at the sump. What ever chamber is best. I have no idea what volume my fuge actually is.

Your tase is exquisite. I trust your instincts.
 
Yes. It's natural gas. It isn't used often though.
Oh, I really like those. Would it be close enough to the tank to cause temperature concerns?

 
This is where I'm uncertain. I have no experience with fuges or sumps. I sorta did the math based on the fuge ratio of my Biocube. My fuge area there is about a gallonish. If I double my DT volume, I assumed my fuge should be doubled as well. Am I on target in my thinking?
 
I, we all, would have to look at the sump. What ever chamber is best. I have no idea what volume my fuge actually is.

Your tase is exquisite. I trust your instincts.
Clearly you were drunk when I wore my reindeer scarf.
 
People put tiny refugiums in their AIO chambers all the time, even you did. Me too. Mine was 2.8% the volume of my tank, which is about what your new would be at 2.5 gallons.


 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top