Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Went to the LFS (your reef) after seeing a fb post about new frags and saw this fish. They may be fairly normal, but I have not noticed them in stores or in tank shots. It is very cool looking. (Not my photo)
FB_IMG_1558916796527.jpg
How much was it? Ive seen them here often but they are always over $200.
 
How much was it? Ive seen them here often but they are always over $200.
I didnt even look at the price. My tank is not big enough for even the smallest tang. I was just looking at cool fish I would like to get one day. Always dreaming bigger.
 
My next tank is going to be at least double the size of my 90 cube and a peninsula. A year in and I'm running out of room.
Same, my next will most likely be a 180. My dream tank would be like a 120x30x30; Ghost overflows, and a winning lottery ticket to properly light it. lol.
 
We are looking to buy a bigger house in the next 3-5 years and one of my need-to-haves is a spot big enough for an 8ft tank, preferably with a garage or room behind it. I may not go 8ft for a long time, but I do want the ability when i hit that big Lottery I dont play.
 
Same, my next will most likely be a 180. My dream tank would be like a 120x30x30; Ghost overflows, and a winning lottery ticket to properly light it. lol.
I'd love a 72x36x24 peninsula.
 
I have heard mostly good. Only bad experience I heard may have just been a whiner but I can't be sure.
yea, I am just horrified of trying a new place so I will wait and see some more reviews. I have never ordered online before as the last time I did this I had the farm.
 
yea, I am just horrified of trying a new place so I will wait and see some more reviews. I have never ordered online before as the last time I did this I had the farm.
I have ordered from KP in Florida. I have never had a bad experience with them.
 
Well, it is a Ctenochaetus which is the same genus as the kole and tomini, which are not nearly as aggressive as their cousins, the Acanthurus genus. Those include the powder blue and brown, Achilles, ect... usually those are the top bullies in a tank. The difference with the Chevron and other bristle tooth tangs is they get around a foot long, where most of the rest stay around half a foot.

I got my tang gang all at the same time same size same place and they get along fine and are all very utilitarian.
I have Achilles, powder blue and powder brown, the proverbial yellow, and Bristle tooth a white tail. They are so active and fun to watch.
I got them from Elliot Lim at marine collectors. You tell him the tank you have and what you like and he discusses over the phone a stocking plan. He then QT’s the fish and basically guarantees disease fish by the time you get it. He does combo of TTF and Mediation. Sent me vids of the little gang during the process. And I have been very impressed with the results.
I have no LFS nearby so I’m at the mercy of only online and while it costs a bit more I’ll go through him for any of my more expensive fish. Others I’ll QT myself if I buy at Live Aquaria or KP or Blue Zoo. Although in the past I’ve never had a problem with any of them either. But with this large tank I’ll only put in QT’d fish.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top