Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I had my house completely done with PEX last year and was really worth it.
I can sweet weld no problem. The problem is the water in the lines and whole house not turning off the water a small trickle.
 
Trash cans like brute are fine
Thanks. I'm thinking of a 32g and adding spicket. I'm also supplying another reefer with water.

Hmmm I guess I'm more than knee deep into this hobby. Its quickly becoming quick sand
 
I was going to do a water station at the house but decided against it. Hopefully, I will have two either 550 or 1000 gallon containers at the store to sell RODI and premixed salt water.
 
I was going to do a water station at the house but decided against it. Hopefully, I will have two either 550 or 1000 gallon containers at the store to sell RODI and premixed salt water.
No salt just rodi. He lives in an apartment and its hard for him to have an ro system.
 
Don't feel bad. I have to replace ALL of the water supply lines in my house and the shut offs in the next year. :(

Going to go with PEX
Heard good things about pex. Cool thing is you can have what amounts to a breaker panel for your water outlets. Its nice to be able to shut off individual rooms for service. My in-laws had a rat eat through one of their pex hoses in the middle of the night and was able to shut off the master bathroom only to stop the leak.
 
I was going to do a water station at the house but decided against it. Hopefully, I will have two either 550 or 1000 gallon containers at the store to sell RODI and premixed salt water.
Will you sell saltwater at 35ppt? My lfs's sell it at 1.021 so i have to add salt and mix for 24hours. I feel like its not a convenience if i have to add salt anyway.
 
so I had a horrible Sunday evening. I was instaliing my rodi system. Piece of cake right? WRONG.
1st issue whole house shut off failed.
2nd issue wasn't paying attention cut the 3/4 line ;Eggonface
Well second trip to Lowes. Buy compression shut off valve 3/4 3/4 T Reducer to 1/2 and small piece of 1/2 copper line.
Get all put together and the 1/2 is a repair piece. Won't fit 1/2 inch lines. By this time Lowes, menards and such are closed. No water for the evening and morning.wife wants me dead ;Dead Bathroom breaks at the gas station.
facepalm.png


Go play bball at 0700 go to Lowes @0900. Lowes reminded me what the day was really about
Resized_20190527_113443.jpg

3rd trip to Lowes find the right piece after 15 min water back on. No leaks sweet to hear running water.
No i've got to do laundry water was everywhere.
IMG_20190527_111333529.jpg
IMG_20190527_111346234.jpg
Everyone knows any plumbing job takes 3 trips! :)
 
Will you sell saltwater at 35ppt? My lfs's sell it at 1.021 so i have to add salt and mix for 24hours. I feel like its not a convenience if i have to add salt anyway.

Yes. I don't think there is a point to selling it at lower salinity. If someone wants it lower just add water.
 
If anyone ever designs Pex for marine applications, the entire future of this hobby will be changed. Imo

I have actually looked into it. Cost prohibitive. To have reef safe fittings built one would have to order 15000 of each. :eek:
 
I have actually looked into it. Cost prohibitive. To have reef safe fittings built one would have to order 15000 of each. :eek:
Brs should make an order :eek:
 
I was going to do a water station at the house but decided against it. Hopefully, I will have two either 550 or 1000 gallon containers at the store to sell RODI and premixed salt water.
I have the old schematics for the design we used on the 2k gallon RO/DI and Salt systems and will send them to you if I can find them :P
 
I have the old schematics for the design we used on the 2k gallon RO/DI and Salt systems and will send them to you if I can find them :P

I love my water Station. It was a fun part of this build. I was under the house yesterday installing that extensions wire for the DOS and installed an ATO delivery wire so I won’t even have to use the hose for filling up that reservoir anymore.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top