Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Wow! What's your secret getting that color? The one I had was very healthy but not nearly as colorful as that.
He has been fed a mix of mysis and reef roids. Under Radion gen 4 pro lights. The big3 and acropower dosed.
 
I know this wouldn't yield the same results, but it would probably show some changes.
I’ve tried small daily water change method. Analog AWC, aka me dumping jugs. I had high hopes, but it ended up just putting my tank in a perpetual state of being mad and looking cloudy. I lost a fair amount of coral at that time to. Now I’m all about maintaining the water that’s already in my tank instead of causing a mini cycle daily.
A friend once told me reefing isn’t about taking care of coral, fish, & inverts, it’s about taking the ultimate care of your water to insure it is constantly consistent and pristine quality.
Just my .02
 
I’ve tried small daily water change method. Analog AWC, aka me dumping jugs. I had high hopes, but it ended up just putting my tank in a perpetual state of being mad and looking cloudy. I lost a fair amount of coral at that time to. Now I’m all about maintaining the water that’s already in my tank instead of causing a mini cycle daily.
A friend once told me reefing isn’t about taking care of coral, fish, & inverts, it’s about taking the ultimate care of your water to insure it is constantly consistent and pristine quality.
Just my .02

Exactly that, way more people need to take a step back, imo, and not over react! :)
 
agree. Once a week I blow off my rocks around my rocks
I do a five gallon water change once a week
On the the first weekend of the month I clean the filters.

Once a week 1/4 teaspoon reef roids
Once a week 1/4 teaspoon benpets reef food.
With out quality water your whole tank suffers.
 
agree. Once a week I blow off my rocks around my rocks
I do a five gallon water change once a week
On the the first weekend of the month I clean the filters.

Once a week 1/4 teaspoon reef roids
Once a week 1/4 teaspoon benpets reef food.
With out quality water your whole tank suffers.
That’s my routine too on my 40b. Minus the benepets. It works well :)
 
I agree on my nanos and the AWC. Water is the key always. I do however have an AWC set up with a DOS on this big one. It’s cool and I do 3 gallons a day. Waste dumps into the septic tank no collecting bin. The FSW is 75 gallons so only mix SW every three weeks.
 
Very cool. I’m debating on getting and anemone once the tank is more mature. If like to at some point for sure.

Hey, I thought you said you were kind of a stickler for grammar and so on. Looking at your comment causes me to wonder. Have you been that hittin' Amish moonshine? :p
 
Katrina71 that’s is a beautiful anemone!

My anemones moved a few inches also and the split one slowly creeping down to the sand. I hope they don’t leave there rock.

Must be something in the air causing all this moving lol
 
Katrina71 that’s is a beautiful anemone!

My anemones moved a few inches also and the split one slowly creeping down to the sand. I hope they don’t leave there rock.

Must be something in the air causing all this moving lol
Thank you. Andrew saw it and fell in love. He was funny jumping up and down begging me for it. It looked like a Disney skit.
 
Thank you. Andrew saw it and fell in love. He was funny jumping up and down begging me for it. It looked like a Disney skit.
Aw :)
 
Hey, I thought you said you were kind of a stickler for grammar and so on. Looking at your comment causes me to wonder. Have you been that hittin' Amish moonshine? :p

Haha!! Was on a phone conference and using my phone and didn’t check before hitting send. But those would be considered typos not grammar “O’s”. Haha. Now wear iz thad mooonshein?
 
Haha!! Was on a phone conference and using my phone and didn’t check before hitting send. But those would be considered typos not grammar “O’s”. Haha. Now wear iz thad mooonshein?
I have some homebrew. I'll share.
 
I have some homebrew. I'll share.

Me too. My patients give me homemade stuff all the time. Could use it as paint thinner very easily. I have some peach and some watermelon currently.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top