Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Ranco are pretty reliable. But I would put it in the very first chamber where water goes into the sump
+1

Before the heater if at all possible. On my nano I have the heater in the return chamber(not the best place due to possibility of water level fluctuation, but its where it fits) and my temp probe(stand alone) is in the second chamber after the media basket. No temp probe on the 90.
 
Awesome. Thanks guys! The skimmer motor doesn’t put off to much heat does it ? Not enough to change a degree or two would it? It has a 600gph sicce ac pump in it.
 
Awesome. Thanks guys! The skimmer motor doesn’t put off to much heat does it ? Not enough to change a degree or two would it? It has a 600gph sicce ac pump in it.
I wouldnt think it would be noticable.
 
In my 140, I had my temp probes inside one of my tank’s internal overflows. It was my feeling that I would rather know the temp as close as possible to the display, where all the livestock was, instead of the sump.

I did have another tank with the probe in the sump and the probe got pulled above the water line when I was working under the tank. The heater stayed on and got the display to a toasty 88 degrees.
 
Do you think there is some aspect based on the wild caught’s experience? Something inborn? I guess I should read it first, LOL. I agree there is more to all living things than we realize. Who is even to say the lime is drawn between plants and animals?

 
Okay I read it and I can organize my thoughts better. I think we can all agree, inbreeding happens in captive raised fish and it probably affects intelligence. I am curious to what degree living in the wild makes fish “smarter?” Does that mean they are more likely to be bored in our tanks, or perhaps, the opposite is true and their mind is kept more stimulated by their experience? I find the whole thing fascinating by the way.
054FA6D4-B6F1-4BC1-A3C6-3E62CC91A7AA.jpeg


 
I also joke about our clowns being dumb, but wild caught clowns are a whole different matter. I'm sure it is due to breeding.
Lol, I know my Snowflake clown is dumb. He used to try to trim the Hammer Coral that is hosting about once every 2 weeks. His mouth would swell up and he wouldnt be able to eat for 2-3 days. It took him almost 4 months to stop biting the Hammer Coral.
 
If y'all haven't read it, the article on fish depression is interesting. I think most of us already knew these guys have more going on than has been documented.
There is an episode of 'Big Pacific' on Amozon streaming that documents a rare Pufferfish building a nest. He is a 3 inch fish that builds a perfectly radial symmetric series of hills and valleys that reduces the flow of current in the center of the nest by 25 percent, and traps the fine sand in the center where the female will lay her eggs. There is obviously something more to a fishes thought process than i once believed.
 
Me too. My patients give me homemade stuff all the time. Could use it as paint thinner very easily. I have some peach and some watermelon currently.
F8F Bearcat
P47 Thunderbolt
P40 Warhawk (loan/lease to British RAF)
P40 Warhawk (American)

Display called it a Hellcat as well! (F8F) Bearcat. It was a very nice restoration! The sound was pure mechanical bliss!
 
This is why I like reefing. There's a balance and harmony that can be achieved on an individual system.

- No water changes
- 1/2tsp reef roids and benepets every 2 days
- feed 3-4x per day
- Nutrients above WWC levels

And here's a coral when I got it vs a month later. Conventional wisdom says it shouldn't be alive. Both pics under full spectrum lighting.

ec3bcb2c1d63b16e3337a154f8630362.jpg
ee431d58148f1af45178013c7038e3c2.jpg



Then the question, what is water quality? Does it mean complete and balanced trace, or do you mean nutrient free.
Complete and balanced. Nutrient free starves corals and opens the door for the d word
 
They say noise disrupts them. I can say in Andrew's room, they appear to enjoy a little GNR and AC/DC.
My nano gets a bunch of 90s alternative and grunge... they don't seem to mind.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top