Bristletooth Tang Belly up and looking bad

Soilworker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Messages
271
Reaction score
278
Location
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-0160.JPG
IMG-0154.JPG
IMG-0158.JPG


Any idea what is wrong with him? I had my fish in quarantine for 78 days treated with copper. They've been in the main tank for about 3 weeks. I stupidly bought more chaeto from the LFS after the quarantine and I think i reintroduced pests.

Is there anything that can be done? I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow morning :(
 
I was cleaning the tank and I think I stressed him out. The convict tang is now picking at his fins and I wonder if he's been being bullied and not getting enough food?
 
IMG-0160.JPG
IMG-0154.JPG
IMG-0158.JPG


Any idea what is wrong with him? I had my fish in quarantine for 78 days treated with copper. They've been in the main tank for about 3 weeks. I stupidly bought more chaeto from the LFS after the quarantine and I think i reintroduced pests.

Is there anything that can be done? I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow morning :(
This fish has been beaten on and is now at the point of being moribund in which fish may not make it.
You need to isolate it to offer any chance but I fear it may be too late. It’s scales and protective slime likely gone
 
He did finally die unfortunately. It’s sad, not sure what the problem was. My guess is ich coupled with bullying and not getting food because of the bullying. The stress just pushed him over the edge
 
Fish did look very skinny! Sorry about your loss, we all know the feeling
 
Fish did look very skinny! Sorry about your loss, we all know the feeling

Sorry - this looks like end stage ich with possible fin damage from another fish (but ich can do that also). If it was ich, you'll want to watch the other fish very closely for spots. If the other fish are spotless, then it makes the ich diagnosis less sure.

Jay
 
Sorry to hear. As indicated, this poor guy was at the point of no return. In addition to what Jay stated about observing the others, now is a time to sort out who any aggressors are and address them accordingly
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top