Brought my QT inside today from the shop

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikst
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

mikst

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2024
Messages
148
Reaction score
126
Location
Sacto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was going to be able to manage heat in the tank in my shop, but it hit 100F outside the last couple days. My tank went up to 84F :(

I rearranged some stuff inside and moved the qt next to my freshwater qt in the bathroom. The corals are opening back up and showing color again. Crisis averted!

And yes, that is a skeleton pirate sitting on a toilet in the freshwater qt.
PXL_20240704_030713881.jpg
 
Get a fan the blow on water surface that’s what I do
Thanks, that likely works well when indoors and slightly too warm, but in outside 100+F conditions in a heat soaked shop , I doubt that is sufficient to keep the tank safe.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top