BRS acquires Marine Depot? WOW!

will they now admit that its possible to instantly remove sandbeds without harm

thats all i care about from em :)

Lol I wouldn’t do that even if David saxby himself recommended it
 
That Fish Place is still in business
Yeah but not the monopolizing behemoth it was at one time. I think they went bankrupt and re-emerged as a shell of what they once were.
 
I agree its dangerous and rogue to consider sand rinsing and replacing. just musing about possibilities one day/futuregoals
 
This legitimately makes me sad.

BRS is okay. But comes across like Walmart to me anymore

I genuinely love Marine Depot.

man this is disappointing

Same sentiment and experience here. MD was competitive, always shipped well and on time while the one time I ordered from BRS they loosely added Salifert test kits in with a bucket of salt in a box, which did not end well for the kits. :( When I sent them a follow up email, no reply on their end and so no repeat customer...
 
I do a lot of ordering online as well but. We really should be supporting our LFS. Sometimes it takes a little longer but they usually can get you whatever you want at a competitive price. I actually picked up a couple kessil a360 for less than Brs sells them at LFS. Eventually the Walmarts, Amazons, microsoft(scary) of the world will take over everything.
 
excellent recommend
 
I do a lot of ordering online as well but. We really should be supporting our LFS. Sometimes it takes a little longer but they usually can get you whatever you want at a competitive price. I actually picked up a couple kessil a360 for less than Brs sells them at LFS. Eventually the Walmarts, Amazons, microsoft(scary) of the world will take over everything.
My LFS doesn't stock anything that I want(API kits...nope) and my reef LFS doesn't stock much for dry goods except Brightwell Aquatics.

Looks like I'll be back to buying reef supplies at my Local Feed Store.
 
It does suck. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Dating myself here but back in the early 2000's there was place called That Fish Place that was the BRS of it's day. It did what BRS is doing but eventually went belly up. No business smarts/sense to make it work. While Ryan and Randy might know reefs, they don't strike me as the sharpest knives in the drawer on how to run a large, multi-dimensional biz. Maybe that's where the VC firm will step in. Time will tell.
Actually That Fish Place went downhill once they started the online stuff. I use to live 30 min from their store and it was an awesome place in the 90s. I go back now when visiting my family and think how sad it is. Maybe it was never that great and as a highschooler I thought it was awesome back then.
 
My LFS doesn't stock anything that I want(API kits...nope) and my reef LFS doesn't stock much for dry goods except Brightwell Aquatics.

Looks like I'll be back to buying reef supplies at my Local Feed Store.
Or shop at saltwateraquarium.com
 
The ability to capture audience by way of solid videos for the reefing community to learn and make informed decisions is the gateway to power and leadership.

BRS had simply a better performance on video than MD.

I am a vendor that had accounts with both companies yet I never ordered from BRS since MD has a warehouse closer to me in in Georgia.

I hope BRS keeps that warehouse open.
 
Echoing a lot of sentiments here. MAP pricing means that I don't know if things will change in the short term, but longer term, less choice is bad. I shopped all places between Marine Depot, Premium Aquatics, and BRS. Guess I will be going with Premium Aquatics more in the future! I hope they pick up some of the brands / specific products that BRS doesn't carry....
 
I always shop from my LFS before online as well, but some things they dont carry and will take time. So it just depends. Also there are killer sales sometimes that I shop through.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top