Lots of misinformation (maybe we should call it speculation) in this thread...
BRS, MD, PA, etc do NOT set prices on the majority of items in this hobby. They are MAP protected by the vendor. Ecotech decides what you sell a pump for. Neptune tells BRS what they can sell their stuff for. If BRS, MD, or anyone else breaks that agreement, no more account. Yes, this happens.
Prices are going up industry wide. BRS acquiring MD doesn't change this fact. I have mentioned this many many times here on R2R. Shipping is KILLING companies right now. Inflation is killing companies. Part shortages are hitting every industry at every level. I am ordering extra cardboard boxes since there is a worldwide shortage on them and it is only getting worse. By the end of summer, I suspsect every major company will be 5-10% higher in cost. Better grab that MP40 you have been eyeing.
BRS didn't get a new warehouse recently. BRS HQ hasn't changed in years. I was jsut there in May and got a full warehouse tour from Randy. They have just updated everything and gotten more warehouse space in the same building as other tenants move out.
People talk about "monopoly" and all that and think this will change things. News flash: BRS is the largest in the world and it isn't even close. They have "owned" the market for quite a while now. I would be SHOCKED if we, the consumers, saw some massive shift in customer service from BRS because of this. It is their number one priority with signs all over the building stating this. I got to see them in person
I bet we continue to see great CS. BRS is bringing in brands that only MD carried. Yes, this is confirmed.