Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

  • Yes

  • No

  • I'm treating my tank with it now.

  • I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.


Results are only viewable after voting.
When the lights came on today, there were small pieces of white dead Bryopsis blowing around in the tank. It has begun to break apart and thin out now 5 days in to the treatment. :)



Day 5 of treatment....
Day520of20treatment_zpsbmaa0wjk.jpg





On a side note (you'll notice to the far left) no hydroids were harmed during this treatment. :rolleyes: :D
Nice I can see the degradation of the bryopsis. My shipment is in now just waiting to get some bryopsis.. somehow
Nice color in those hydroids
 
When the lights came on today, there were small pieces of white dead Bryopsis blowing around in the tank. It has begun to break apart and thin out now 5 days in to the treatment. :)



Day 5 of treatment....
Day520of20treatment_zpsbmaa0wjk.jpg





On a side note (you'll notice to the far left) no hydroids were harmed during this treatment. :rolleyes: :D

I have a colony of the same hydroids in my pico tank :)
 
I am using vibrant moved to 1 dose a week as the cyano started to get bad. Since dosing 1 time a week the bryopsis is trying to come back. Going back to twice a week. I'm tempted to stop now and try this.
 
I am using vibrant moved to 1 dose a week as the cyano started to get bad. Since dosing 1 time a week the bryopsis is trying to come back. Going back to twice a week. I'm tempted to stop now and try this.
It is a carbon source so using that needs to be kept in mind.
 
Can't wait, just ordered 30 capsules. Had a horrific tank crash in Nov. Under control and rebuilding sps now,, but sudden got hit with Bryopsis. Sucks, one thing after another. Hope this does the trick!
 
When the lights came on today, there were small pieces of white dead Bryopsis blowing around in the tank. It has begun to break apart and thin out now 5 days in to the treatment. :)



Day 5 of treatment....
Day520of20treatment_zpsbmaa0wjk.jpg





On a side note (you'll notice to the far left) no hydroids were harmed during this treatment. :rolleyes: :D
I have a similar size tank. 220gal with 50gal sump. Based on your dose of 4000mg, what are your thoughts on your dose to volume of water? Are you happy with the dosage you use thus far? Would you now increase or decrease dose based on your findings? Just curious before I dose when I recieve the capsules.
 
Can't wait, just ordered 30 capsules. Had a horrific tank crash in Nov. Under control and rebuilding sps now,, but sudden got hit with Bryopsis. Sucks, one thing after another. Hope this does the trick!

One thing after another does seem to be how it goes quite often in reefing. Sometime it would be nice to get a break from these issues and just sit back and enjoy the tank for a while.
 
I have a similar size tank. 220gal with 50gal sump. Based on your dose of 4000mg, what are your thoughts on your dose to volume of water? Are you happy with the dosage you use thus far? Would you now increase or decrease dose based on your findings? Just curious before I dose when I recieve the capsules.

I think that my results so far have been right in line with the others that have tried this treatment and I'm happy with it. It's probably going to take some research from @twilliard or someone to determine what an effective minimum dosage might be for us.
 
I am using vibrant moved to 1 dose a week as the cyano started to get bad. Since dosing 1 time a week the bryopsis is trying to come back. Going back to twice a week. I'm tempted to stop now and try this.
I am continuing my Vibrant dosing during this.
 
each 200 mg capsule weighs in at 380-400 mg. It is on the hotplate now heating. (1.84g)

I guess I missed something. Do you not just open the capsul and dump it in?

In addition the cyano is a bigger problem than the bruopsis/ha
 
have you noticed any side effects to corals,inverts,fish or any different swings in tank params

I haven't noticed any side effects in any of my corals,fish or inverts. Everything is still eating and acting normal. My corals have kept their PE throughout the treatment. The only tank params that have changed has been a slightly lowered ph. Not a big change only slight. My daily ph range was 8.3-8.35 and for the past 3 days it's been 8.2-8.25. This change may just be from not having my skimmer cup on removing the waste from the tank.
 
I have replaced my skimmer cup today as I think some of the others did around day 4 or 5. I'll see if this gets my ph back to normal.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top