Bryson.bobby’s 55 gal reef

Are you sure it isn't a favia?
The way the walls meet, maybe. It seems too fluffy for that, but the walls between definitely look more like that than an Acan.
 
Any ideas on what type of coral this is? The guy at the store told me it was a blastomussa. :rolleyes: Im thinking maybe some sort of acan?
image.jpg
@Rakie can you ID this?
 
Sure looks like it's a favia
That’s what I’m thinking too. Thanks guys!

Edit: I do agree with what @NY_Caveman said though. They’re a bit puffier than the favia I’ve seen but that might be because the frag is still small or maybe the light is just that good ;)
 
Last edited:
That’s what I’m thinking too. Thanks guys!

Edit: I do agree with what @NY_Caveman said though. They’re a bit puffier than the favia I’ve seen but that might be because the frag is still small or maybe the light is just that good ;)
It looks like a Favia more to me now. The walls are separated as opposed to a Favites with shared walls. I still think it looks too puffy, but that is a good problem to have.
 
The tail on this guy is only getting worse :( not sure what I can do to help it. Almost positive it’s not fin rot as the other fins are still perfect. Still thinking the hermits
image.jpg
 
It does seem attacked... any worms or emerald crabs?
No emeralds and I haven’t noticed any worms as of yet. The first night it looked kind of “frayed” and continuously got worse from there.
 
9/12/19 Did an nice size water change today (~15%) to help combat the gha I’ve been experiencing lately. Also took the chaeto out of the fuge because it was getting overgrown with the hair algae.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
 
I just want to give a special shoutout to @Premiumaq for this awesome giveaway. Not sure whether to hook it up on the 20 or the 55 gal since I’ve been experiencing gha lately.
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top