BTA attached to outlet in BioCube 32

Cdyanand

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
12
Location
Toronto, Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! Just had a few pictures to share with everyone, wondering what you guys think would be the best course of action. I woke up to my BTA attaching itself to my outlet in my BioCube 32. Should I leave it here or lower the water level and attempt to encourage the BTA to move?

IMG20220808073129.jpg IMG20220808073058.jpg
 
If he did that on his own, I’d leave that, he must “like” where he is to go there. Moving him just going to stress him out.
Seems he’s moving to better flow, maybe you can increase flow in the tank with a power head and he may move on his own.
 
If he did that on his own, I’d leave that, he must “like” where he is to go there. Moving him just going to stress him out.
Seems he’s moving to better flow, maybe you can increase flow in the tank with a power head and he may move on his own.
Great suggestions, thanks! I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this little critter.
 
It would seem your BTA loves to hang out there. They go wherever they go in the tank based upon flow. Be thankful it did not go up under a rock or something (this has happened to people). Try adjusting what gets flow and where. Also, be sure to keep it away from powerheads and other areas that the BTA can get caught or pulled into.
 
This BTA is actually pretty new to my tank, about 7 days. Prior to today he has been hiding under my rocks, Periodically inflating and deflating. Kinda funny that the first day he crawls out of the rocks he ends up here!
 
Welcome! I would ensure there is sufficient light as well

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! Just had a few pictures to share with everyone, wondering what you guys think would be the best course of action. I woke up to my BTA attaching itself to my outlet in my BioCube 32. Should I leave it here or lower the water level and attempt to encourage the BTA to move?

IMG20220808073129.jpg IMG20220808073058.jpg
This is just a follow-up picture an hour later
 

Attachments

  • IMG20220808084041.jpg
    IMG20220808084041.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 59
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum! Just had a few pictures to share with everyone, wondering what you guys think would be the best course of action. I woke up to my BTA attaching itself to my outlet in my BioCube 32. Should I leave it here or lower the water level and attempt to encourage the BTA to move?

IMG20220808073129.jpg IMG20220808073058.jpg
They move when there’s too much flow
If too little light or flow, they climb towards the top and in some cases end up in a power head
 
I'd be concerned that it'll end up inside the chamber and become hard to rescue.
 
Absolutely, something I'm concerned about too. I'm hoping the fact that there is no light in the chamber makes it a less desirable place to go. I'm definitely prepared to pull it out if he fully makes its way into that chamber!
 
This is just a follow-up picture an hour later
Problem solved! I followed many of your advice to crank up the flow. So added an old pump inside the tank. Next morning low and behold the BTA moved and is free of the intake! Thanks for all of your help! Much appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG20220809072935.jpg
    IMG20220809072935.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 46

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top