BTA drastically changing color after 6 month. What's going on?

Subnautica

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
566
Reaction score
509
Location
Phoenix, AZ
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got it

20220509_214746.jpg


6 months later, the nem split, but colors changed from beautiful bright pink to dark red/orange

20220427_134506.jpg


20220428_194210.jpg
 
Looks normal to me. Not unusual for a nem to change colors in a new system. Most likely the chemistry in its previous tank was different then yours. As long as it doesn’t start to shrivel up, or brown out, It’s healthy
 
It's probably a response to lighting and/or nutrient levels, which can alter zooxanthellae levels (they are a golden brown) or pigments in the anemone itself to protect it from light damage.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top