Bubble Magus 5 Skimmer in Red Sea 250

Curtisw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 which I bought off someone else last month. It came with a bubble magus curve 5 which when he used it would have quite a full cup by the end of the week. Since using it I barely have any skimwaste inside the cup but also the bubbles are popping down very low in the tube and not popping within the cup column. Ive seen others that use this skimmer within their Red Sea tank even in 250s so not sure what im doing wrong, I want to believe its due to the water depth as with the 250 can only get about 7.5inches deep water. In the image you can see where the bubbles are forming at, its just above where the dirt line. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Sorry if this doesnt make full sense.

IMG_0235[1].JPG
 
Keep in mind , you’ll have a beak in period. Could be a week could be longer.


A good easy vid to tune your skimmer.
 
It had been 2 weeks and still no improvement, its a bubble magus 5 even suitable for a red sea 250 due to only being able to get about 7.5inches of water
 
It had been 2 weeks and still no improvement, its a bubble magus 5 even suitable for a red sea 250 due to only being able to get about 7.5inches of water
Note the video states that dialing in the skimmer takes weeks after breakin.
Just go slow, you’ll find the groove.

I don’t even have the skimmers in my tanks right now. You have time.
 
Ok shall check that out shortly and thanks for the help.
 
I run the Curve 5 in my 45 gallon system and it works great. I run mine at 7 inches of water. You need to adjust the skimmer water level using the dial on the skimmer. The bubbles should just start about 1" above the bottom of the cup. When i first got this skimmer new it was very very finicky. It took a several hour vinegar bath and overflowing into the the sump for about a week to get it to work. But when its does work it works great!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top